5 Simple Precautions To Prevent UTI During Pregnancy
Urinary Tract Infections (known as UTIs) are more common in women than in men. During pregnancy women are more susceptible to UTIs due to hormonal and physiological changes in the body.
Bacteria cause most UTIs and it can infect the bladder, ureter, urethra and even kidneys. A kidney infection can have serious life threatening consequences to both you and your baby.
If you have any of the following symptoms, you must go to the doctor and get yourself tested.
- Urgency to pee and/or trouble with peeing.
- Burning sensation when you pee.
- Urine that has an odor or is cloudy.
It is wise to be extra careful during pregnancy and these simple tips will help you.
- Drink lots of water
- Ensure clean toilet seats before using restrooms.
- Don't hold pee in. Use rest rooms frequently.
- Eat probiotics like curd.
- Wear breathable underwear made with natural fabrics like cotton.Always wear dry clean underwear. Wet underwear is breeding ground for bacteria.
Morph Maternity makes special Hygiene Panties that are Anti-Fungal, Anti-Bacterial and prevent UTIs. It’s Quick Dry & Anti-Odor technology keeps you fresh, dry & hygienic throughout. The price range starts from Rs.399/-