How To Prevent UTI During Pregnancy
Bacteria is a leading cause of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and if left untreated, a kidney infection resulting from a UTI can have severe consequences for pregnant women and their unborn child.
UTI(Urinary Tract Infections) Symptoms During Pregnancy
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Frequent urge to urinate, even when little or no urine comes out
- Pain or pressure in the lower abdomen or back
- Cloudy or strong-smelling urine
- Blood in the urine
- Fever or chills (a sign that the infection may have reached the kidneys)
Home Remedies To Prevent UTI During Pregnancy
- Drink plenty of water to flush out bacteria from the urinary tract.
- Urinate frequently and completely to eliminate bacteria from the bladder.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods that can irritate the bladder.
- Apply a heating pad or hot water bottle to the lower abdomen to reduce discomfort.
- Take probiotics to promote healthy bacteria in the gut and urinary tract.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice or take cranberry supplements to help prevent bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract walls.
Preventing UTIs during pregnancy is crucial for the mother's and baby's health and well-being. Remember, prevention is better than cure, so make sure to take the necessary steps to avoid getting a UTI. And if all else fails, there's always the trusty cranberry juice remedy to fall back on (just make sure it's unsweetened!). So, let's raise a glass of cranberry juice to a UTI-free pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby! Cheers!
Shop all Morph essentials including Maternity hygiene panties for an extra 10% off using code "UTIFREE"