The Benefits Of Exercise During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman's life, but it can also be tough on the body and emotions. One way to stay healthy and ready for childbirth is through exercise. It may seem strange to exercise while pregnant, but research shows that it can help both the mom and baby in many ways. For example, it can lower the chances of developing gestational diabetes and preeclampsia and improve mood and sleep. Exercise during pregnancy & your overall physical fitness will be the key to good baby development and less painful labor. It will also help you get back to your pre-pregnancy figure sooner.
Benefits Of Staying Active During Pregnancy
- Keeps your weight gain under check
- Reduced stress levels
- Reduced risk of gestational diabetes
- Better health for your baby
- Helps you get back to your pre-pregnancy weight sooner
Stretching, yoga and brisk walks can be a part of your daily routine. There are a lot of gyms and birthing centers that offer fitness classes exclusively for pregnant women that you can join. Joining such a class will give you the opportunity to meet other pregnant women. Practicing the yoga postures in this blog will also help with an easy pregnancy.
Also read: Pranayama Techniques For A Healthy Pregnancy
Tips To Stay Active During Pregnancy
If you have a busy schedule and are unable to dedicate time to go to a fitness class you can consider
- Taking stairs & walking to the corner store for groceries
- Have walking meetings with your colleagues & walking chat sessions with friends
- There are lots of online videos for yoga & exercise that you can follow in the comfort of your home. If you feel dizzy or uncomfortable, stop immediately and ask for help
- Walk around the neighborhood mall. It can be fun and still keeps the blood pumping
- Try and find a pregnancy buddy in your neighbourhood so the both of you can stay motivated
ConclusionExercising while pregnant can be beneficial to both the mother and the unborn child. Exercising can help her heart stay healthy, lower her risk of gestational diabetes and preeclampsia and make her feel and sleep better. It may even make childbirth easier and aid in her recovery after the baby is born. But, because every woman's pregnancy is unique, it's always best to consult with a doctor or midwife before beginning or continuing any exercise routine. Pregnant women can reap all the benefits of exercise while maintaining a happy and healthy pregnancy by following safe and effective guidelines. When you are out on your fitness regime, you don’t have to look frumpy just because you are pregnant. Wearing your husband’s oversized t-shirts will not make you feel as beautiful as you are. Invest in good maternity wear as they will come a long way during your pregnancy & motherhood phase. So, let's make exercising during pregnancy a priority and have fun!
Shop all Morph essentials including Maternity hygiene panties for an extra 10% off using code "FITMOM"